About the Medical Center
St. Elizabeth Medical Center is a not-for-profit hospital founded on December 12, 1866 by the Sisters of St. Francis. It operates a 201-bed acute regional hospital with inpatient services, outpatient services and an Area Trauma Center.
The Medical Center consists of the hospital, five regional teaching institutions, and 14 community sites. In recent years, community needs have led to a number of collaborations that enable more services to be provided to the people across the Mohawk Valley region. Among these, St. Elizabeth is a part of the Mohawk Valley Heart Institute, the Regional Cancer Center and the Central New York Diabetes Education Program.
The Medical Center is certified by the New York State Department of Health. It is also accredited by DNV Healthcare, Inc., through the National Integrated Accreditation for Healthcare Organizations (NIAHO). St. Elizabeth took a leadership role by gaining certification from the International Organization of Standardization (ISO), by meeting ISO 9001:2000 and ISO 14001. It was the first hospital in the nation to receive both these Quality designations. The Medical Center is currently ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 certified.