Department: Patient Accounts
Manager: Maryjane Loiacano
Office Hours: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Address: 2215 Genesee Street
Utica, NY 13501
For all billing questions or to
make a payment please
call the number on your bill,
our Finance Business Office at
315-801-8182 or view our
Insurance Guide for Patients
For estimated cost of a test
or prodecure, call our Finance
Department at 315-801-8151.
As a patient of the Mohawk Valley Health System (MVHS) you may be experiencing some of the concerns and questions listed below:
1. Payment can be made with cash, debit card, money order, check or credit card. Credit cards accepted are Discover, VISA, MasterCard and American Express.
For questions, please call our Finance Business Office at 315-801-8182 between the hours of 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
2. A five month interest-free hospital payment plan is available.
3. We provide a “Courtesy Allowance” (self-pay discount) for prompt payment. The allowance is available to you if you pay within 10 business days. Certain types of procedures do not qualify for the Courtesy Allowance. They include dental surgery, plastic surgery, gastric bypass surgery, dental office visits, nutritional counseling and hearing aides. This is available for self-pay patients only.
4. We offer an interest-free Bank Loan Program. The program provides a longer period of time to pay off the balance with lower monthly payments. To apply to the program it requires an agreement from the responsible party to pay regardless of credit history.
5. There are certified application counselors available at 315-801-4914. An individual will assist with the process of applying for Medicaid and there is no charge to apply as a patient.
6. We also offer a Financial Assistance Program. The program is based on federal poverty guidelines and it may assist with any outstanding balances with MVHS. There are certain services that are exempt from this option. An application and proof of income are required from the responsible party. The patient is required to apply for Medicaid prior to approval.
St. Elizabeth Medical Center is committed to ensuring that the data in its billing system is accurate. If you identify a discrepancy in your bill, you are encouraged to contact the Business Office at 315-801-8182 in order to address the issue. You may also contact the Corporate Compliance Department hotline at 315-624-5146 to report any concerns regarding potential Fraud or Abuse.
The Medical Center's Corporate Compliance Plan can be found here.
If you are having a test or procedure performed at an MVHS facility and would like to know your estimated cost of services, please call our Finance Department at 315-801-8151.
Please be aware that our costs do not include services provided by non-MVHS providers, including but not limited to TeamHealth Emergency Department doctors, Centrex lab services, pathology services, anesthesiologists, reading and interpreting of medical imaging tests by radiologists, etc. Your doctor(s) may not participate in your health plan in the same way as MVHS. Please contact your doctor to be provided with their costs also. In addition, some specialty departments such as our Level II Nursery may be considered "out of network" by your insurance carrier. Please contact your insurance carrier prior to your test or procedure for more information. Visit our Important Information About Paying For Your Care page for more information about third-party billing, sometimes referred to as "Surprise Billing".
The Patient Accounts Department of St. Elizabeth Medical Center is a one stop destination that the Medical Center's patients can access for any questions related to the billing, payment, and posting of their Inpatient, Outpatient and Medical Group accounts. In addition to resolving questions that a patient may have regarding their account, the Patient Accounts Department works closely with all third party payers. This ensures that the Medical Center is accurately reimbursed for all services rendered in accordance with the contractual obligations that are in existence between St. Elizabeth as a provider and the various insurance companies as payers.
The Patient Accounts Department also ensures that our Medical Staff providers are properly credentialed with all necessary insurance companies so that services can be billed and paid for by the applicable carrier.
If you are provider needing to contact our Credentialing Coordinator please contact: